Capture action anywhere. Our Outdoor Kit makes for the perfect grab-and-go setup for the traveling photographer. This quick and uncomplicated setup provides flexibility for different outdoor terrains.
- Article code: OUTkit
AlienBees Unit B800 Yellow
- 6 f-stop power variability
- Wattseconds (B800 = 10 Ws to 320 Ws)
- Recycle to Full (B400 = (B800 = 1 sec.)
- Continuous slider adjustment from full to 1/32 power
- Internal cooling fan for heavy duty use
- Standard 120 VAC, 50-60 Hz power requirements
- Excluding tripod
Vagabond Mini Lithium PowerPack
- 120W current-controlled 120VAC portable power source
- Operates flashes from its internal lithium (LiNiMnCoO2) battery
- Provides power for up to four Paul C. Buff™ flashes
- (2) a.c. outlets (a power strip or adapter may be used to plug in more units)
- 120 V a.c. for use with all standard Paul C. Buff, Inc. flash units
- .5 Amp USB for charging compatible cell phones and tablets (NOT for use with current iPhone and iPad models)
- 3-hour rapid charger (supplied) quickly recharges battery
- Compact and lightweight design (3.5 lbs. total weight 1,59 kg)
- Can be connected to a light stand with built-in stand clamp
- NOT intended to power modeling lamps with the exception of the DigiBee
- APPROVED FOR AIRLINE TRAVEL - Download Travel Documents
(For Vagabond Mini's, or spare batteries, shipped prior to 9/4/2018 download travel documents here).
** IMPORTANT SHIPPING INFORMATION **
The Vagabond Mini Lithium PowerPack or the VMBA8.6A spare battery are seen as dangerous goods. UPS charges extra costs for this. These costs are between € 40.00 and € 70.00 per shipment, depending on the country off delivery. We must include this fee in your charges, added to your order total with your regular shipping charges.
The Vagabond Mini Lithium can be delivered all over Europe. The shipment of the Vagabond takes a slightly longer delivery time than our normale delivery time, this because these it will be only be transported by road instead of by air, this because to reduce the shipping costs.
** IMPORTANT **
The Shipping costs of Vagabond Mini Lithium PowerPack are not refunded.
UPS does not guarantee air shipment service on items containing hazardous materials (i.e. lithium batteries). If shipment is delayed, shipping will NOT be refunded. The full hazardous materials service definition can be viewed on UPS.com.
IN THE BOX
Vagabond Mini Lithium
- 1x Inverter with battery attached
- 1x Clamp
- 1x Charger
- 1x Shoulder Strap
- 1x Vagabond Mini Lithium Manual
- 1 Year Factory Warranty
- 1x 7 in. silver field reflector
- 1x Protective shipping cover
- 1x 150W modeling lamp
- 1x Flashtube
- 1x Down-Angle 15 ft. Power Cord
- 1x Standard 15 ft. sync cord (1/8" to PC)
- 1x Device cord - C7 - 1.5 meters for Europe
- 1x AlienBees Product Manual
- 2 Year Factory Warranty
All testing was of the 120VAC version of the Vagabond Mini Lithium.
The Vagabond Mini™ Lithium is a third generation controlled-current pure sine wave power source for operating AC powered studio flash units in the field from its built-in battery. Both small and lightweight (weighing just 3.5 pounds, including quick-change high capacity lithium battery), the Vagabond Mini™ Lithium is designed to operate from one to four Paul C. Buff™ self-contained flash units.
The system includes an internal lithium battery that arrives connected to the Vagabond Mini™ Lithium inverter. This inverter takes the power from the internal battery and converts it into a usable, 120VAC true sine wave power source. Your flash units are connected to the inverter, plugging into the two standard, 3-prong power outlets (for more than two units, a power strip may be used). The Vagabond Mini™ Lithium inverter includes a multi-level, accurate battery charge indicator and a convenient front panel battery charging connection for the supplied 3-hour universal rapid charger (95VAC to 250VAC charger input). For heavy use, spare batteries can be charged externally so that they are ready to instantly plug in.
The inverter and battery components are completely enclosed within a strong, high-impact, flame retardant ABS housing. The fully encased battery can be instantly replaced with the slide-in latching mechanism; there are no wires or user connections other than the AC outlets and charger inlet. The unit additionally includes a light stand mounting mechanism and a convenient carrying strap.
The product utilizes the very latest LiNiMnCoO2 lithium battery chemistry to provide extremely high power density and elimination of battery sulfating and poor efficacy that plagued previous battery-operated systems using heavy and inefficient sealed lead acid batteries.
The Vagabond Mini™ Lithium offers fast recycle times, providing 200 to 250 full power flashes per battery charge with 1280 total Ws (two Einstein™ units, for example) connected and 400 to 500 full power flashes per charge with 640 total Ws (one Einstein™ unit or two AlienBees™ B800 units, for example) connected.
Like essentially all battery/inverter type supplies, modeling lamps are not generally used because their power draw would quickly deplete the battery and slow recycle times dramatically. The modeling lamps should only be used for brief previews to maximize battery life.
The AlienBees™ are powerful, fast, accurate and versatile, with easy-to-use analog controls. The AlienBees™ self-contained studio flash units are available in three output models and five bold colors.
Perfect For: Students, Hobbyists, Beginners and Beyond
Sync Cord Compatibility: All Paul C. Buff, Inc. flash units arrive with a 15' sync cord for connecting to a camera's PC sync terminal. Not all camera's are equipped with a PC sync terminal. If you plan on using this cable, and not wireless remotes, you may need a hot shoe adapter. Check your camera's compatibility.
- Article code OUTkit
- Watt seconds *B400 160Ws / *B800 320 Ws / *B1600 640Ws
- Power Variability 6 f-stops (full to 1/32)
- Recycle to Full *B400 0.5 sec. / *B800 1 sec. / *B1600 2 sec.
- Flash Duration (t.5) *B400 1/1600 sec. (full) 1/3000 sec. (at 1/32 power) / *B800 sec. (at 1/32 power) 1/3300 sec. (at full) 1/1650 sec. (at 1/32 power) *B1600 1/1800 sec. (at full) 1/900 sec. (at 1/32 power)
- Flash Duration (t.1) *B400 1/2000 sec. (at full power) 1/1000 sec. (at 1/32 power) / *B800 1/1100 sec. (at full power) 1/550 sec. (at 1/32 power) / *B1600 1/600 sec. (at full power) 1/300 sec. (at 1/32 power)
- Power Requirements 120 VAC, 50-60 HZ
- Average Current Draw 6 amps average
- Sync / Trigger Voltage Less than 6 volts
- Modeling Lamp 150W max.
- Flashtube 14mm flashtube (daylight-balanced and UV-coated)
- Stand Mount Fits stands up to 5/8"
- Umbrella Mount Accepts umbrella rods up to 9mm
- Weight *B400 2.5 pounds / *B800 2.9 pounds/ *B1600 3.7 pounds
- Dimensions 8.5 in. (length) x 7.875 in. (height) x 5.75 inches (width)
- Dimensions Note: length measurements taken from the front of the shipping cover (in place on the unit’s faceplate) to the back panel; height measurements taken from the top of the umbrella screw to the bottom of the light stand top coupler, folded back underneath the unit
Best sold with
Others also bought